Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Vanceastro, Tiny, and Zenitram Chat: Are the Spurs a Dirty Team?



Tiny: Okay, straight away. Are the Spurs a dirty team? yes or no.

Vanceastro: Spurs are dirty.

Zenitram: agreed.

Tiny: I don't really think they are.

Zenitram: BOOOOOO

Tiny: good. if we all agreed, this chat would suck.

Zenitram: anybody not-the-pistons is dirty. FACT.

Vanceastro: Duncan is their only talented player, so the rest of them have to flop and play dirty.

Zenitram: yeah, you won't see Duncan pulling that.

Zenitram:although i was surprised Horry did.

Tiny: The Spurs are like those cronies that hung around the one guy who had game. They would all cling to him, and you would hate them, kind of like Scott Williams and Bill Wennington with Michael Jordan.

Zenitram: kind of like the rest of maroon 5 and that singer.

Tiny: Zenitram: silence button!







Tiny: But I think the Spurs just play tough, like the Pistons, and they have pride, so they were mad that they were losing by so much.

Zenitram: yeah, they play tough. but some of the bowen stuff doesn't look good.

Tiny: agreed. but I'd love to have him on our team.

Zenitram: yeah. sometimes i miss Laimbeer.







Tiny: I like the old basketball way. But that's probably because I'm usually the biggest player on the court.

Tiny: I'd foul my own grandma if she tried to dunk on me.

Tiny: HARD.







Zenitram: But the intent with Amare seemed to kick him where he (literally) hurts.

Zenitram: If it hits in the right spot, his career's over.

Tiny: you have a point, that kick to the achilles was pretty cheap.

Zenitram: if you knock the guy over with physical play, whatever. that's part of the game.

Tiny: the thing that irked me was, if they let that go, why not let the bench-leaving go?



Vanceastro: The NBA makes too much out of these situations, though.

Tiny: how so, Vance?

Vanceastro: You wouldn't see the same reaction in baseball or football.

Tiny: true.

Tiny: and you wouldn't have seen it during the bad boys era.







Vanceastro: In baseball, you can have a batter charge the mound and no suspensions.

Zenitram: but there are ejections.

Vanceastro: I think ejections are ok. What I don’t agree with is suspending the players who got off the bench.

Zenitram: TOTALLY

Zenitram: all this does is cripple stern's darlings, and move it closer to (hopefully) a 2005 rematch.

Tiny: because the bowen-kicking thing was... you have to take intent into the equation.

Vanceastro: and also a history of such things.

Tiny: right. with the leg placement under the shooter and all.

Tiny: I guess... I think Bowen's dirty and Ginobili is a drama queen, but the other Spurs are okay by me.

Tiny: I think 'big-shot' was just caught up in the moment.

Vanceastro: On the whole, I don't think they are a dirty team.

Zenitram: probably not.

Zenitram: ESPN picked up the story, and made it bigger to draw in a bigger crowd.

Tiny: I think the flopping that Ginobili brings to the game is detrimental to my enjoyment of it, but it's not intended to hurt anybody or anything.

Zenitram: the flopping and the bald spot.







Tiny: do you think the suns have a chance to win tonight?

Zenitram: i think there's always a chance, but it seems unlikely.

Tiny: Pat Burke is gonna get some major PT.







Vanceastro: I think so... they were able to get to the western finals last year without Stoudemire

Zenitram: but they weren't playing the spurs...

Tiny: I think Duncan is gonna roll tonight.

Vanceastro: I would pick the Spurs, but the Suns have a chance.

Tiny: Kurt Thomas will be in foul trouble so fast he'll wish he was on the Knicks again.

Zenitram: without Stoudemire, who's going to fill out the double team? he'll dominate.

Tiny: but I think the Suns can take this to 7 games.

Tiny: I got Spurs in 7.



Vanceastro: Let's say the Pistons make it to the Finals. Can they beat Spurs/Suns?

Tiny: yes. Will they? Dunno.

Zenitram: Suns-yes.

Zenitram: Spurs-who knows?

Tiny: I say they crush the Suns.

Tiny: Spurs will take seven games, and if everybody shows up, they're in good shape.

Zenitram: i hope so. it's too hard to tell with the pistons anymore.

Vanceastro: The Pistons need to figure out a way to keep their games close.

Vanceastro: They seem to play their best when they're within 10 points either way.

Zenitram: i'm done with "turning it on, when we need to." STAY ON ALL THE TIME.

Tiny: We're not the Lakers. Who are these dudes? Go to work.



No comments: