Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Time to Be a Goat





The editors of this esteemed blog would like to apologize publicly to Ben Wallace, Scott Skiles, Kirk Hinrich, and Kirk Hinrich's mom's dentist, all of whom have left us looking like idiots. The Pistons just couldn't make this a boring series, could they? On the brink of a sweep, the Pistons managed to get spanked again, this time on their home floor, 102-87. Chauncey thinks the team relaxing might have something to do with it. "I can't say we did that intentionally, but it's human nature when you get that kind of a cushion to let up a little bit," he said. "Our team, as you know, is not that good with cushions. Unfortunately, we've done that time and time again and have had to go on the road to win." The Bulls shot 72% in the first half (an embarrassment for a team known for it's defense) making 26 of their 36 field goal attempts, coming just shy of a record set by the '98 Lakers of 74% against the Supersonics.

Here are some things I'd like to suggest (since I know the team all read this blog daily...)

-Coach up. Flip Saunders is getting just pantsed by Scott Skiles for not only his inability to make in-game adjustments, but game to game series adjustments. Look at what's working. Go to that. Look at what's not working. Change it. How bad is our relationship with Rick Carlisle at this point? We're sorry?

-Bench Flip Murray. Leave him there. Unless you're Baron Davis, your job as a point guard is to PASS THE FUCKING BALL TO OPEN PLAYERS. I saw Murray make 3 passes last night, mostly in garbage time, usually after he was in the air (a terrible way to create space for a pass) after he had given up on every last opportunity to take his own shot by any means necessary. These passes would have been turnovers if someone hadn't been lucky enough to be standing on the perimeter. I know that everyone isn't comfortable with Lindsay Hunter's offense, but at least he hits the open man sometimes. Also, why isn't Carlos Delfino playing? Does he try too hard?

Last night, Machete advocated just cutting Murray altogether, and I couldn't come up with any arguments against it.



Play Jason Maxiell. If you can't figure out how to get 'Sheed in the post, then get someone else. I don't want to see any more fucking three point shots by our best rebounder. I know this isn't that complicated (see 'Coach Up' above) but you want the tall guy to stand next to the basket so that when the ball bounces off of the rim, he can retrieve it.

Stop Toying With My Emotions Recognize a good thing when you have it (a team on it's back) and apply the kill stroke. What is it with this team and coming up with creative ways to materialize the worst situation imaginable? Don't come back to Detroit without a win.



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: