Wonderful Time of the Year
I don’t claim to know anything about sports, but I do enjoy me some ice hockey.
That being said, it’s playoff time if anyone cares.
I know that ratings are really down and that the NHL is trying to figure out how to get people to pay attention to hockey. Vs. has been trying contests and getting the Canadian networks to broadcast some of the games, which is actually a smart move. NBC is showing some of the games, where you can hear Mike Emerick, who can also be heard on Vs., lay it down…it seems like they just show the Red Wings games because they have a tradition of winning and know that in a market like Detroit (looks beautiful from Windsor, no?) somebody is going to be watching. Hopefully, there will be some kind of turnaround and more people will be watching as we get nearer the finals. Should/could be interesting.
1 comment:
What's a "ice hockey"?
Post a Comment