Tuesday, May 22, 2007

George Foreman claims he was drugged before naming all of his children "George Foreman."




Was George Foreman the only dope involved in the delivery room?

George Foreman isn't so sure.

In his recently-published memoirs, "God in My Corner," Foreman says he was drugged just before naming all of his ten children.

Foreman, then the world heavyweight champion, was a heavy favorite to give his children normal names. But instead, decided to name them all George. Separate times. Including the female ones.

But Foreman, now 58, says something else swayed him. In his memoirs he says before the delivery, his wife's doctor gave him something to drink that tasted like medicine

"I almost spit it out ... [I told her doctor] 'Man, I know this water has medicine in it,'" Foreman wrote. "I climbed into the stirrups with that medicinal taste still lingering in my mouth."

"After the fifth kid, I was as tired as if I had fought 15 rounds. What's going on here? Did someone slip a drug in my water?" he wrote.

"Why else would I name children all my children "George" in a stunning display of ego and bravado? The ultimate narcissistic expression?"

"That would be like someone, after the fact, making up an excuse for losing to the greatest fighter of all time, in one of the greatest fights ever."

No comments: