Thursday, May 17, 2007

Roundtable: Can the Pistons Pull It Out Tonight?



Tiny: Hey kids. We have some new people at our round table, talking Pistons. Allright, guys. Can the Pistons win tonight? What has to change?

Kid Rickles: Uh, how about showing up? Paging Mr. Wallace?

Devok: Yeah, I think they will win. The comeback game has got to go! They better not get into a hole early and try to dig themselves out. It can't work every time, as we saw last game. But, I think if they start sinking some shots and carry with them the fact that they got beat at home, they will win. United Center is loud, but they can shut them up and I think they get satisfaction when they do quiet that room. Ben Wallace Bulls towels, my ASS!



Machete: I think the Pistons will win tonight, in spite of themselves. Flip's weaknesses are getting exposed big time by Skiles, but he's not nearly as bad of a coach as he currently looks. No one is making cuts, the only starters pushing the issue are Tayshaun and Chauncey. I'm almost to the point of advocating starting Maxiell to see what happens, but you can't do that because Rasheed would pout for the rest of the playoffs. It's getting to the point where I have a hard time rooting for him, and he was my favorite player about 14 months ago.

The Pistons also need to play way more physical with Gordon and Hinrich. It remains to be seen how they'd respond to this. Detroit's three straight victories shows that they're a superior enough team that it takes Chicago a while to adjust, so any major wrinkles that Flip is able to throw in the game plan should equate to a game 6 victory.

Also: I do not ever want to see Flip Murray on the court again. Every time he plays I imagine how Delfino is going to make a Memo like leap somewhere else and we'll all wonder why we didn't play him more.



SeƱor Itchy: I haven't been following that series all that closely, since I figured it was over after game three. But if Detroit doesn't win tonight, they're in trouble. They're under a lot of pressure, and they've got no momentum, but they are a team that responds well to pressure.

Vanceastro: The Pistons should win tonight because Tuesday's loss at home finally gives them the motivation to start out strong and play a full four quarters. They certainly don't want a game 7. As far as X's and O's, I couldn't tell you specifically what the team needs to do to be successful, but I think it's important that Chicago doesn't gain any momentum early on. If we can win tonight, the past couple of games will end up being a positive, since it gives Detroit a taste of losing in the playoffs, and it's best to have that happen now instead of against the Cavs/Nets.

No comments: